Located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe, our cozy 4 bedroom 2 bath cabin with hot tub and pool table is the perfect home away from home. Ideal for enjoying the winter or summer season, the Knox Cabin is a 5 minute drive to Heavenly, golf courses, hiking trails, or the beachfront.
Knox Cabin is located in the heart of South Lake Tahoe, minutes from skiing, hikes, golf, or beaches. This charming cabin is cozy but has 10 bed spaces and is loaded with amenities for a fun filled getaway.
Living room has a gas fireplace, 50" flat screen LCD TV with Chromecast, a DVD player with a collection of DVDs, karaoke, and board games. The dining area, kitchen, laundry room, and master bedroom with queen bed and en suite bathroom are also on the main floor.
Located upstairs is a larger bonus/bedroom with 4 twin beds as well as recreation-size pool table and flat screen TV (with chromecast and DVD player). Also upstairs is a bathroom with shower over tub, a 3rd bedroom with full bed, and 4th bedroom with queen bed and access to the balcony.
A 5 person hot tub sits in the backyard steps from the laundry room door, as well as propane BBQ grill (note we don't monitor the usage of propane, so refill may be necessary).
NOTE: 2 CAR MAX (3 compact cars)
Disponible para huéspedes
No need to be worried about transferring and losing keys. Knox Cabin has 24-hour access entry with a keyless code entry system.
Atención a los huéspedes
While we do not live in South Lake Tahoe, we are always available by cell phone or email night and day. We also have a local contact that helps with more immediate needs.
Otros aspectos destacables
** There is tandem parking for 2 cars (or 3 compact cars) on the paved driveway. Street parking is not allowed.
Please also note this home is not a luxury cabin. There is no A/C or central heat, but there are fans for the summer and individual room panel radiant heaters and gas fireplace to keep guests warm and comfortable in the winter.
Lastly, due to bear activity in the area, please read through the trash info in the Info Book to familiarize yourself with the best practices for keeping bears away from the cabin. All excess trash that does not fit into the 2 bear cans will need to be packed out by the renter.
VHR Permit #008545
We ask our guests to be treat our cabin as if it were your own. We give a lot of love and care to our home and we hope you have a wonderful stay with us. We ask to keep a few things in mind:
We do have neighbors and we ask that you keep the noise down after 10 pm. We do not allow events or parties at our cabin. If we get a noise complaint, there will be a fee assessed.
Our hot tub is cleaned and serviced after every stay and we ask that you keep drinks, food and such out.
Any excessive cleaning/damage to the property including carpeting, will be taken out from the deposit.
1. Unless approved by the owners, check in time is 4pm & check out time is 11am. There will be a late check out fee of $50 per hour applied.
2. Smoking is NOT allowed anywhere on (including balcony) or within 10 feet of the property.
3. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
4. The cabin is privately owned; the homeowner is not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
5. ICE AND SNOW INJURY WAIVER: Homeowners will not be liable for injuries resulting from slips or falls on slippery surfaces or from falling snow or ice. Ice and snow are a common occurrence in the winter season but can occur anytime throughout the year at Lake Tahoe. Guests must use extreme caution during times of ice and snow to avoid slipping or falling on slick surfaces and injuries resulting from snow and ice falling from roofs, trees, or other objects.
6. Pets are only allowed upon request. Please mention any pets at time of booking.
7. Parking: Cars must be parked on vacation home paved parking spaces – not on the street. (Permitted for 2 vehicles. The vehicles must be parked on paved parking places, not on the street).
8. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
9. Hot Tub: No children under the age of 5 permitted in the hot tub at any time. When using the hot tub, remember there is a certain health risk associated with this facility. Use at your own risk. Our housekeepers drain, sanitize, refill and replenish chemicals in all tubs prior to your arrival; therefore, it may not be warm until later that evening. DO NOT STAND ON THE HOT TUB COVERS. Hot tub covers are for insulation purposes and are not designed to support a person or persons. They will break and you may be charged for replacement. Remember when not using the hot tub, leave cover on so hot tub will stay warm. No food or drinks permitted in the hot tub. Any excessive cleaning and/or damage will be taken out from the deposit.
10. Only use appliances for their intended uses.
11. Propane gas grill and BBQ tools are on site for your use. We do not monitor the level of propane so you may need to refill if you will be using it.
12. The fireplace is gas operation. Do not use any firewood, paper, or other combustible materials in the fireplace. Turn off the fireplace when no one is in the property.
13. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order. Do not move furniture around.
14. Storms: No refunds will be given for storms. Mountain roads can be curvy and steep. Gravel drives are well maintained; however, we highly recommend four wheel drive and/or chains during the snow months. We do not refund due to road conditions.
15. Parties, Loud, or Unruly Behavior: This property is in a residential neighborhood and may not be used for weddings, receptions, or parties. Loud or unruly behavior is restricted by local ordinance and may result in citation or arrest by local law enforcement. Noise complaints are subject to $50 per incident.
16. Alcohol in the possession of minors is not permitted; as well as illegal possession of controlled substances by any guest. Breach of these provisions could result in the immediate termination of the rental agreement and the forfeiture of rents and security deposit.
17. Your vacation rental will be stocked with a starter pack of amenities, including toilet paper, paper towels, soap & shampoo, dish soap, linens for all beds and towels for each guest. If you’re staying for an extended period, have a large group or have specific items you’ll need (coffee & filters, laundry detergent, spices & oils for cooking), plan to visit the local grocery store to replenish consumable items.
18. Garbage: Bag & place all your trash in the bear proof screw-top trashcans outside. All excess trash that does not fit into the 2 bear cans will need to be packed out by the renter.
19. WINTER SEASON SNOW CLEARING: Snow will be removed from driveways prior to arrival the first day of visit. Guests will be responsible for clearing snow that falls during the rental period. Snow clearing by a contractor during the visit may be requested through homeowners at a charge to the guest. Note: The home will have driveways cleared after storms of 4 to 6 inches at no cost to guest but guest cars must be moved out of the way.
20. AFTER HOURS ASSISTANCE: In the event of a police or fire emergency call 911. For Public Utility emergencies check the posted notices on the refrigerator door. If you require assistance due to your negligence (i.e., depleted hot water tank, etc.) you will be charged at the rate of $50.00 per hour (1 hour minimum).
21. GUEST'S RESPONSIBILITIES AT CHECKOUT OF THE RENTAL PROPERTY: At checkout, Guests are expected to complete the Checkout Procedure list to ensure full return of security deposit:
- For winter months: Leave the thermostat at 60 degrees. Do NOT turn heat off, pipes may freeze; For summer months: Turn off the thermostat
- For winter months: Leave all interior doors (bedrooms, bathrooms, and laundry room) open to prevent pipes freezing
- Place all trash & recyclables into the brown screw-top bear cans outside, making sure lids are on tight
- Strip each used bed of its sheets and leave them piled on the bed
- Place all used dirty/wet towels in the bathtubs
- Wash and put away all dishes (or drying on the drying rack is ok)
- Remove all your personal belongs and food from cabinets and refrigerator. You can leave any unused food for our local pantry
- Return all furniture to its original location, if moved
- Turn off all appliances and electronic items, including all wall heaters, space heaters, & fireplace
- Close and lock hot tub cover
- Close and lock all windows
- Close all curtains and blinds
- Turn off all lights
- Lock all doors
Este anfitrión tiene 7 evaluaciones por otras propiedades.Ver otras evaluaciones
We're sisters born and raised in the SF bay area so naturally we've been spoiled by good weather and great food. We take advantage of both whenever we get the chance :) We're avid runners, snowboarders, and general lovers of patio brunches and weekend day-imbibing. We travel any chance we get, prefer somewhere new over somewhere we've already been, and often explore by following the trail of good eats. Isn't food the best way to experience a new city!? We think so.